Seniority and Ego

        Seniority means the fact or state of being older or higher in rank or status than someone else. And I live in a country where I had been taught by others who are not my parents to always respect the elder no matter what. No matter their opinions are right or wrong, I need to respect them because they are just OLDER than me. But my parents grow me up with a different mindset which I have the right to voice up my disagreements and question what I don't understand as long as I don't let the elder ashamed. But the problem I faced a week ago is, not all seniors understand this and can accept that they are wrong sometimes. 

        Just a week ago, my roommate just had close contact with her boyfriend and her boyfriend was positive Covid-19 that time. So, my roommate and I need to be quarantined in a room to avoid close contact with other students in this block. The problem is, my roommate quarantined in a hall where every suspender were there but I quarantined in a room where there is no one there. No one, literally no one and was far away from everyone. 

        My friends need to buy me food every day and put it at the door for me as we were not allowed to meet each others. And there was a night, my roommate just posted that she and all people there were provided food. So, I texted one of my seniors to ask her that why I was not provided food as them, she just answered me that all of those were arranged by "Pihak Atasan" and she offered me to buy me food. But my point is, why I was not given food, I was okay if I need to buy it myself but I just ask WHY ? Those seniors just made my question a big problem and scolded me. 

        That moment really brings me depression. I still keep asking myself why ? WHY WHY WHY ? So is this their seniority character or they are just ego ? 




Comments

Popular Posts